Friday, August 26, 2016

Life is What you Search For

Image result for google search bar
As I was about to go back to the daily grind of searching for jobs, this phrase came into my mind "Life is what you search for". I really thought about that and my mind has become a continuous stand of string cheese thinking about this idea. You see, when you think about searching on the internet, the things that you search for are things that are a part of your thought process. If I am searching for middle eastern chicken recipes, I'm thinking about making middle eastern food- I'm also thinking about do I have the ability to make this dish? Depending on the result of my confidence and supplies on hand, I make a decision. This is the same with pretty much everything in life. Most of the time, we are stuck searching for the same thing over and over again because that's what we know- we are comfortable with it and confident that is what we want to do. All of the other options out there seem questionable or unrelated to our interest or our long term goals- but is that 100% true? Do we have to stick with that one thing that has been predestined in our brain to become? Do we have to become that? 
---I'd venture to say not necessarily--- 

but then again, it takes many circumstances to change your thinking and who you are. It depends on the people you surround yourself with and the things you allow into your mind to shape who you are. 

So the next time you type something into the search bar, stop and reflect how this search is shaping you, your life, and those around you. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool concept! It's so true! You are what you search. And of course searching for delicious recipes is better than searching for jobs. ;)

    ReplyDelete