Monday, November 28, 2016

Can I Not Dream?

Can I just have a moment to stop and dream? 
------Is it too much to ask?

Can I not dream of the streets of gold that I'll walk on- 
or the pearly gates whispering "welcome home"?

Can I not stop and dream about the city of protection- with walls 2.7 times as thick as the walls of the ancient Babylon?

Can I not close my eyes as I look upon the thousands of gemstones covering my city? 

Can I not stop and dip my foot into the river of life as I sit underneath the covering of a delectable fruit tree?

Can I not dream now--
that which will one day be my home? 

1 comment:

  1. So descriptive... your words had me right there with you. Reminded me of Titus 2:3, " Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"
    When hope becomes a reality... that will be a blessed day indeed!

    ReplyDelete